- Law Society Northern Province – Member
- SA Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL) – fellow
- International Trade Marks Association (INTA)
- AFRO-IP (African Intellectual Property Community) – co-founder
- Frequent speaker and writer on IP issue
- Who’s Who Legal Ranking – Sports & Entertainment 2017
- Who’s Who Legal Ranking – Trademarks 2017
Some of his more interesting cases include litigating the first keyword case in Africa, filing the first International Registration by a South African firm, assisting the Bavaria Babes during World Cup 2010 on ambush marketing claims brought by FIFA, advising the Zulu nation on rights management, setting up IP outsourcing models for global rebrands and most recently, assisting innovative content creator CliffCentral, and the Steve Biko Foundation.